Clearly having a sales playbooks or a sales execution plan is essential. Aberdeen Group research shows that the overall team attainment of sales quota was 20% higher for teams that used sales playbooks and the number of team members that achieved quota was 30% higher when using sales playbooks.
What is a sales playbook?
Different people have different definition. Most of the examples are about some sort of a document. Here is Hubspot sales playbook definition “…a document outlining your sales process; buyer personas; call scripts and agendas; sample emails; discovery, qualification, demo, and negotiation questions; proposal guidelines; and/or competitive intelligence guidelines.” RingDNA wrote a blog “7 Killer Sales Playbook Examples”. Again a list of different examples and templates of successful playbooks.
How Komiko‘s approach is different?
DR;TL – Embedding sales playbook into the sellers operational environment and making it part of their process. Not expecting them to read and remember long PDF documents.
Komiko is using AI to analyze your win/lost history and recommend specific sales playbook items for each account segment and opportunity type. Each recommended playbook includes a set of metrics and target that should be followed along with significance of each one of them. Sales leaders can still adjust the playbook items by changing the target, removing metrics or adding new ones. They can even use the ‘what if’ capability to change targets and see how will it impact the playbook compliance of each of their accounts.
Metrics could go from best practices like send a call notes email after every meeting that you have with your accounts to target response time, number of people engaged and follow up cadence.
Sellers will use the following dashboard that can be natively embedded inside Salesforce. It’ll highlight the health score of each of their accounts and the recommended action/s.
Sellers can also use Komiko to send emails and capture call logs. Komiko will embed the sales playbooks guidelines into these actions, recommending:
- Who should then send email to
- What are the possible templates that can be used
- What are the possible documents (e.g. NDA, GDPR, Security, Features, Price list, Order form) that sellers should use in each case
- And for phone call, proposed call script and some info about the person like their time zone, weather and a link to LinkedIn to learn more
For sales leaders
Can get an on-going update of the health score of their accounts, which sales playbook recommendations are working and which need to be improved. How is their team performing. Which seller is performing well and who are lagging behind. This allows them to have a meaningful review meetings and 1:1 conversations. Here is an example:
Key differences between Komiko’s sales playbooks and traditional PDF ones:
- Data driven and thus more accurate
- It takes few days to finalize them. No need to long discussions a speculation of what matters.
- Embedded in the sellers native environment. Each seller will see on-going update of the status of their accounts vs playbook and specific recommendations
- Komiko will make the recommended templates, call scripts and attachments easy to use.
- Managers can get full visibility to how compliant is their team with the target playbook and provide fact based coaching instructions.
You can read more in Sales Acceleration Platform – AI Playbooks Based, and feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.